List:       plug-mail
Subject:    Re: [PLUG] Need help in configuring the Tablet drivers
From:       Amey Abhyankar <sco1984 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-07-21 11:56:16

On 18 July 2016 at 17:42, Vaibhav Khante <vaibhav.khante@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes Amey

Unfortunately description of wi-fi chip is not given, making difficult
to guess wi-fi chip vendor.
By any chance you know the vendor of wi-fi chip?

Being AMD processor, it's difficult to guess which wi-fi chip they [HP
the vendor] used to ship with the mainboard/motherboard back in those
days.
But for sure it wont be intel wi-fi chip onboard.

Open bottom panel of tablet to locate wi-fi chip. That will explain
vendor & model details.
Else,
Restore the propriety OS shipped with the tablet to find onboard wi-fi
chip vendor details.

Some last resorts otherwise =  i) Boot from old live Ubuntu Linux via
USB with hope that it'll detect the wi-fi chip.  ii) Buy USB wi-fi
dongle which works with Ubuntu 16.04