List:       plf-discuss
Subject:    [Plf-discuss] PLF 2006 DVD??
From:       stefan.puch () mail ! uni-oldenburg ! de (Stefan Puch)
Date:       2005-10-12 15:39:03

Dan MacDonald schrieb:
> I saw a posting to this list recently about a script
> somebody was working to combine Mandriva 2006 and PLF
> and put them on a (installable, I presume) DVD. What
> is the status of this? Does it allow me to install
> stuff like transcode and Cinelerra at install time or
> do I have to use urpmi after the install? I'd be very
> grateful if someone could post a link or BitTorrent to
> a DVD image of this, if it exists.

In my free time I'm working on this, yes, but I did not understand how
to select the packages during install time. At the moment you have to
use urpmi after the install. I think that the files compss and
compssUsers.pl in media_info directory are the key, but I did not
understand the files yet, because I cannot peal and did not find any
info in mandriva-cvs for the two files.

If Mandriva 2006 is released I will mirror the tree including all
updates and the corresponding PLF-version and build a DVD.ISO To
distribute this ISO I mu?t find another way, because the BitTorrent
Ports are closed here at my university.

Best regards

Stefan