List:       plf-discuss
Subject:    [Plf-discuss] Power-pack packages in PLF
From:       guillomovitch () zarb ! org (Guillaume Rousse)
Date:       2005-10-05 16:54:10

Nicolas Ternisien wrote:
> Hello everybody !
>
> I would like to know why, if PLF is really a different entity than
> Mandriva, we can't found proprietary package like flash, nvidia or ati
> drivers or java, which are shipped in the default Mandriva powerpack.
It is absolutly possible, we have a dedicated non-free section for those
packages. It is just a question of personal interest. Don't count on me
for instance to give time and efforts to distribute such kind of
software, but maybe another contributer would think differently, and
consider he has to help nvidia or ati to sell hardware, or help
macromedia invade the web with a technology runining internet
interoperability.

BTW, for java, the situation is different, there is already a dedicated
project, see jpackage.org.
--
An ounce of image is worth a pound of performance
		-- DSP Paradox (Nolans Placebo) n?1