List:       pkgsrc-users
Subject:    GFORTRAN_vERSION not being set
From:       "Morgan, Iain (ARC-TN)[InuTeq, LLC]" <iain.morgan () nasa ! gov>
Date:       2022-06-23 23:19:06

Hi,

Using pkgsrc HEAD on an RHEL 7 system, GFORTRAN_VERSION is not being set. I \
discovered this while investigating a problem with devel/hdf and found that \
explicitly setting GFORTRAN_VERSION resolved the issue.

The pkgsrc Makefile for devel/hdf conditionally sets FFLAGS="-O \
-fallow-argument-mismatch" based on the value of GFORTRAN_version. In my case, it was \
setting it for a version of gfortran that does not recognize the option, and was \
causing configure to fail.

Rather than using the system-provided GCC, I am using GCC 7 built from pkgsrc and \
have GCC_REQD=7 and USE_PKGSRC_GCC=yes. However, bmake show-var \
VARNAME=GFORTRAN_VERSION returns an empty string. Shouldn't this variable be set \
automatically?

Thanks,

--
Iain Morgan