List:       pkgsrc-users
Subject:    proposed removal; devel/guile16-gtk
From:       Greg Troxel <gdt () ir ! bbn ! com>
Date:       2012-12-16 17:36:07

We have in pkgsrc guile16 and guile (1.8).  In wip we have guile2, which
isn't ok yet and thus won't be imported before the 2012Q4 freeze.

We also have devel/guile16-gtk.  This is based on gtk1, but guile-gtk is
still useful.  devel/guile-gtk is the same code, but built against guile
1.8.  I just verified that the examples in devel/guile-gtk work.

I suspect I'm the most trailing edge guile user.  So I'd like to remove
guile16-gtk now, and guile16 some time in 2013.  Does anyone object?