List:       pine-info
Subject:    Re: Background check in PC-Pine?
From:       Ben Elliston <bje () redhat ! com>
Date:       2000-07-22 2:49:44

   I think this is just as important in Unix pine.  Unix is (and always
   has been, AFAIK) a multi-tasking OS, but Pine doesn't make much use of
   that. I would love to see all IMAP operations operate in the
   background, especially automatic checks of Incoming mail folders.  Is
   this on the official to-do-someday list?

And LDAP operations.  My LDAP server is 18 hops away.

By the way, I posted a question last week about background sending of
messages.  I have this enabled, but apparently I have to type ^R before each
message is sent to make use of the background facility.  I'm on a Unix
machine -- why wouldn't I always want Pine to fork, exec sendmail and then
carry on?  Curious to an answer on this one!  Thanks,

Ben