List:       pine-info
Subject:    Re: Suggestion
From:       Ariel <aspine () dsgml ! com>
Date:       1999-12-03 18:26:39

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Mike Miller wrote:

> Another *great* feature would be to allow searches of the message body
> (excluding the message header).  Here's an example:  I get a bunch of
> messages from an e-mail list and I don't want to read them all, but I want
> to see if any of them refer to my earlier posting.  If I search "Text All"
> for messages containing 'miller' *all* of the messages will be selected
> because all of them were sent to me (mbmiller) and 'mbmiller' is therefore
> in the header of every message.  If I could search the message body I
> would find messages where they mention "Mike Miller" or whatever.  Doesn't
> that seem like it would be potentially very useful.

And conversely, I would love search "header" for text, rather then a
specific header line. For example I want every message that was sent to,
from or has anything to do with "mwave" right now I need to do a CC
search, a To, a subject, and I might still be missing some if the message
was BCC'd and the mwave is in the received header.

Only problem is I'm not sure if IMAP has this feature - pine gets it's
stuff directly from IMAP, and if IMAP can't do header, or body search
neither can pine.

	-Ariel