List:       pine-info
Subject:    Pine v3.96, Solaris 2.5, and the "SPECIAL OFFER"
From:       drl () vuse ! vanderbilt ! edu (David R !  Linn)
Date:       1997-09-29 20:44:07

I have compiled Pine v3.96 for Solaris 2.5 with the SunPro C v4.2 compiler
and see one really odd thing.  If I am a new user (i.e., I delete my .pinerc
file), I am asked if I want to "Request Document" but I do not see the
2-line "Special Offer" message beforehand, so the question really comes out
of the blue.  As this will confuse new users, I am reluctant to upgrade
from v3.91 to v3.96 before I can find out why I see the question without
the explanatory message that makes the question make sense.  Has anyone
else seen this (I found no references in the list archive) and doesn anyone
have a fix for the problem?

Please reply to me directly.

	 David
--
David R. Linn, SEDCON System Manager       |INET: drl@vuse.vanderbilt.edu
Vanderbilt University School of Engineering|Phone: [+1] 615-343-6164