List:       pine-info
Subject:    Re: Question: receive message problem
From:       daniel12 () iadfw ! net (Daniel Jacobson)
Date:       1996-11-30 22:37:37

In article <32A081C9.572E@unm.edu>, ccleong@unm.edu says...

>I have one question, hope someone can help:
>
>  I have a message need to send to 100 persons. I typed the 100 persons
>e-mails   address into my    "nickname" (address book) .
>
>   when I send this message to the 100 persons, they receive this
>message, but the 100    persons name shown on e-mail message "to: "
>session.
>
>   my question is: How can I solve this problem? --> I don't want the
>receiver see the                    100 persons' names. because it is
>too long and make the screen mess.

  1. use BCC: for the list with your E-Mail address in the TO: field

  2. Upgrade to version 3.0 and you can also use the nickname in the TO:
     field as long as you have entered a name on the INFO tab of
     the address book.
     (ie. Nickname: 'Newsletter',
          Name field on INFO tab: 'News Subscribers'
     then the list members will see 'News Subscribers' in the TO: field
     on their incoming E-Mail message.

  Over and Out
  Daniel Jacobson