List:       pine-info
Subject:    Why recipient gets list of addressees when I use "Bcc:"?
From:       bilwil () beach ! silcom ! com (William Smithers)
Date:       1996-04-30 20:25:55

  Periodically, I send EMail to several hundred people using Pine.

  I always use the "Bcc:" feature so that recipients won't get a long
list of others receving the mail.

  Nevertheless, one recipient just informed me he always gets 3-4 pages
of "apparently to: <address>" at the beginning of the file.

  Why does this happen? What can be done to eliminate the problem?

  Thanks in advance for knowledgeable replies.

                                    -- Bill Smithers