List:       pine-info
Subject:    Changing *username* on outgoing mail messages
From:       Dave Lane <root () stan ! lincoln ! ac ! nz>
Date:       1996-02-29 0:28:09

Please forgive me if this is a FAQ - I have not been able to find
reference to it.  I am sysadmin of a Linux PC and do most of my work,
including email, from the root account.  I have the /root/.pinerc file
instructing pine sessions run by root to use the same folders as are used
by my personal account, dlane (ie. root and dlane use the same .../mail
directory).  Problem is, whenever mail is sent out from root launched pine
sessions, it provides the return address Dave Lane
<root@stan.lincoln.ac.nz>.  Is there any way I can configure pine to use a
different user name (ie. dlane) in place of root for outgoing mail??
Please say yes!  I do not subscribe to the pine-info mailing list, so
please send mail to dlane@lincoln.ac.nz!
Cheers from New Zealand,

Dave

|    Dave Lane                               dlane@lincoln.ac.nz       |
|    NZ Forest Research Institute                                      |
|    DNRE, Lincoln University                Wk: +64 3 325 2811 x8793  |
|    P.O. Box 84                             Hm:       343 3192        |
|    Lincoln, NZ                             Fx:       325 3845        |