List:       pine-info
Subject:    Re: Can pine thread news items correctly
From:       "Ben T. Feese" <feeseb () pacific ! centre ! edu>
Date:       1995-08-29 19:19:39

On Mon, 28 Aug 1995, Timothy J. Luoma wrote:

> OrderedSubj is what I use, and I consider that proper threading.
==snip==snip==snip==snip==snip==snip==snip==snip==snip==snip==snip==snip==snip==

OrderSubj is what I use too, and it is better than nothing.

But, because it orders all messages with a given subject according to the
time in which they were *received*locally*, rather than in terms of the
(universal, GMT) time at which they were *transmitted*, often the
ordering is jumbled and makes it it difficult to make sense of the thread.

(i.e. responses precede the originating message of the thread).

btf