List:       pine-info
Subject:    Re: Easy way to read WP file into Pine msg?
From:       bc () inca ! gate ! net (Bob Curtis)
Date:       1994-05-31 23:16:36

Hal Blacker (hblacker@crl.com) wrote:
: Is there an easy way to read word-processing files into pine mail?  I go
: through a multi-step process (outlined below).  Even doing this, for some
: reason I often lose the last line or so of the file.  This is what I do:
: 1.  Save the wp51 file as ascii text.
: 2.  Upload to server.
: 3.  Convert to unix, using "dos2unix (filename) > (new filename)".  This
: is necessary to get rid of the ^M's.

I'd like to do the same thing, but the command "dos2unix" is not
available on my system. Is there a PC version that I can run locally
before I upload the file? What's it called?

Alternately, is there another command I could use, once the file is on
the Unix server?

: 4. Using ^R, I read the file into the message portion of letter.

Thanks in advance
Bob Curtis