List:       pine-info
Subject:    Re: Binary files in to Pine msg
From:       rarras () mason1 ! gmu ! edu (Raymundo E Arras)
Date:       1994-05-31 21:24:59

Brian Lo (dragon@csulb.edu) wrote:
: How do you read binaries, zip, exe, etc into pine message system?

: I want to do in the unix host system, I dial into.  Sometime I find a
: file in a ftp site and want to e-mail to a friend.

: Also, I      do uudecode file sent to on pine system.

: Note: I want to do it in unix system I dialing into, not on my PC and
: then upload it bit by bit.
: e-Mail
: Dragon@csulb.edu

Your messgae is a little unclear...Do ya want to send "zip" files is that
it??? if ya do you have to "uuecode" them on Unix.... thats the only
problem with "Email" It doesnt support or can't handle machine Code..you
have to uuencode a ziped file otherwise the other person will get a
screen full of mess!!! :")  Also... On an Ftp site.... Samething goes if
ya wanna get a "ziped" file or a file you know contains "machine codes"
youll have to set it to "binary"  "ftp>" should default to binary but
Unfortunatly it doesnt... However if ya can get "ncftp" which is a ftp
program...that makes everything a little easier....espescially when
"ncftp" defaults binary transfers....So....Hmmmm I hope this
helps...Maybe Im reading too much into your letter... Someone help me out
now!!!!! :")  Get back with me.... If Ive made it unclear...

--
"All My Life I said I wanted to be Someone.....I can See Now That I should
have Been More Specific..."