List:       pine-info
Subject:    Re: PC-PINE & SLIP
From:       Ed Greshko <egreshko () cosmo ! twntpe ! cdc ! com>
Date:       1994-05-31 7:01:08

On 31 May 1994 ywliu@beta.wsl.sinica.edu.tw wrote:

> 	Is there anybody who has ever used PC-PINE packet driver version with
> a SLIP packet driver , such as SLIPPER, UMSLIP,etc ?
>
> 	I run PC-PINE with SLIPPER, and it simply hangs on 'opening INBOX...'
> screen. Am I doing anything wrong ?
>
> Yen-Wei Liu

	I've used PC-PINE over SLIP using FTP Software's PC/TCP.  I've
had no problems.

	I don't know much about your configuration so it is hard to say
what may be wrong.  I did have some problems with configuration of the
PC/TCP to work properly with the serial port on the PC....since I only
have a 8550(?) UART.

	Maybe one of our folks here at the office can help.  You can send
mail to Frank.Hsu@twntpe.cdc.com.  We are very "close" to you.

					Ed

Edward M. Greshko			Control Data Taiwan
Voice: +886-2-715-2222 x287		6/F, 131 Nanking East Road, Section 3
FAX  : +886-2-712-9197			Taipei, Taiwan R.O.C