List:       pine-info
Subject:    Re: SGI & NIS
From:       johnb () blas ! cis ! mcmaster ! ca (John Benjamins)
Date:       1993-05-28 14:09:12

Jamie,

further to my note of last night,  i just built 3.07 "out of the box"
and the NIS password routines work okay.  this is on machines running
IRIX 4.0.1 and 4.0.5F.  the fact that the NIS passwd file is not
/etc/passwd is a red herring, because NIS passwd lookups go to the NIS
server, not to a file on the local machine.