List:       pine-info
Subject:    re: Using "!" addressing with Pine
From:       Francois Donze <donze () vbo ! dec ! com>
Date:       1993-03-23 7:51:23

Sendmail is doing good job for outgoing mail. Right. I use it to convert
to DECnet addresses on Ultrix systems.

But what about incoming mail? If I receive a mail with no 822-format,
the suffixe @mynode.mydomain is appended. For example, I received a mail from

	dan@ees1a0.engr.ccny.cuny.edu

and I get:

	"dan@ees1a0.engr.ccny.cuny.edu"@nova15.vbo.dec.com

in the TO: field when I reply. Should I modify sendmail.cf to strip
quotes and @nova15.vbo.dec.com off ??? I'd prefer pine not to add it ;-).

May be a good switch on the command line could make everybody happy ?
Or in .pinerc one could think of a bolean like do-rfc822={yes,no} ?
Another way would be to have a ctrl-command to do/undo rfc822 resolution ?

Rgds,
/francois
Digital Equipment SARL		|			   |
950 Route des Colles - BP 027	|      Francois Donze	   |
06901 SOPHIA ANTIPOLIS		|--------------------------|francois donze@VBO
	FRANCE			|			   |  ULYSSE::DONZE
 Tel: (33) 92.95.54.81 		|E-mail: donze@vbo.dec.com |  DTN: 828-5481
 Fax: (33) 92.95.62.34		|			   |