List:       pine-info
Subject:    [Pine-info] Re: Auto delete to trash
From:       "Tim K. (Gmane)" <tk-gmane+at () idpax ! com>
Date:       2007-11-21 2:35:55

You can use custom rules for that, I know it's tedious to set up and
wish pine just had the feature as an option.

I think there's an old post on how to configure it.

I have my own instructions on what I do:

Delete moves to Trash:
---------------------

Create a new folder called Trash: [M]ain [L]ist [A]dd

Create a new filter:
- Navigate to the filters setup: [M]ain [S]etup [R]ules [F]ilters
- [A]dd a new filter:
  Nickname = Delete moves to Trash
  Current Folder Type = Specific, Folder List = INBOX
  Message is Deleted = Yes
  Filter Action = Move, Folder List = Trash
  Set New Status = Clear this state (Optional)

Save the filter. Now every time you hit D to delete a message it will be
marked
"deleted" but when you expunge (X), it will be moved to the Trash folder.

Don't forget to empty the Trash folder once in a while.
-or-
Add Trash to pruned-folders so that the Trash folder is renamed at the
end of
the month just like the sent-mail folder.

I hope this helps.

Tim