List:       pine-info
Subject:    Re: [Pine-info] folders and directories
From:       Chris Wilson <chris () qwirx ! com>
Date:       2007-07-23 8:08:20

Hi Magnus,

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007, Magnus Gustafsson wrote:

> I want to keep my emails in a tree structure using directories and folders.
> Right now some of my directories are also folders and they are listed as:
>
> Chemistry[.]
>
> Others are only directories and they are listed as:
>
> Physics.
>
> I would prefer that all my directories have the properties of the second
> case.  I have a lot of emails in my folders so it is quite a bit of work to
> manually move them (I do know about the enable-aggregate-command-set setting
> and Select All+Apply+Save)  Is there another way to turn all my directories
> into the form of 'Physics.' above.

But then you would lose the ability to access your folders, wouldn't you?
The above syntax only works for a directory.

If that's what you want, then just delete the folders :-) or move them
inside the directories. You do know that you can rename a folder to move
it, right? So you can rename Physics (the folder) as Physics/Physics (a
folder inside the directory) and the [.] will disappear. No need to select
all messages and save them elsewhere.

Otherwise I'm a bit lost as to what you're asking for. Could you explain
why you want the directories to behave like folders, i.e. what's wrong
with the way they are now?

Cheers, Chris.
--