List:       pine-info
Subject:    Re: [Pine-info] Roles - setting From based on the value of another
From:       Eduardo Chappa <chappa () math ! washington ! edu>
Date:       2006-10-01 16:01:59

*** Tim K. (Gmane) (batk-gmane+at@idpax.com.comm) wrote in the pine-info...:

> ) My mail provider always sets a header "Envelope-To" that has the true
> ) email address the msg was sent to.
> )
> ) When using a custom role, is it possible to have pine set the From
> ) header for replies based on the Envelope-To value of the msg I'm
> ) replying to? This is very useful for "catch-all" email addresses.

No, you can not do this. The way Pine approaches this situation is by
setting a role where you set the Envelope-To: header you want to catch and
also set the From: header to that value. Here's a sample entry for your
.pinerc

LIT:pattern="/NICK=Sample \
Role/ARBEnvelop-To=/ARBEnvelope-To=some@address.com/FLDTYPE=EMAIL" \
action="/ROLE=1/FROM=Your Name <some@address.com>/RTYPE=YES/FTYPE=YES/CTYPE=NO",

The Envelope-To: header is added by the command "X" in the

=== CURRENT MESSAGE CONDITIONS BEGIN HERE ====

section. I hope this helps you.

--
Eduardo