List:       pine-info
Subject:    Re: [Pine-info] Attachment handling
From:       Stefan Goessling-Reisemann <pine () goessling ! de>
Date:       2005-07-27 10:20:10

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Alexey Toptygin wrote:

> 2) Save all message attachments to a directory.
>
> In the folder or message view, type 'E'xport, then '^P' AllParts, and enter a
> <filename>. The text of the message will be saved in the file named

Thanks for explaining this one, Alexey! I have been waiting for this quite
some time.

> 3) Attach multiple files without issuing the attach command for every one.
>
> In the compose screen, enter '^J' Attach, '^T' ToFiles; you'll be in the file
> browser in the default save directory. Now, enter 'L' ListMode; you'll see
> check-boxes appear next to all of the file (not directory) names.

This only seems to work in versions higher than 4.58. But it is a great
improvement. Thanks for pointing it out!

One addition for PC-Pine users: you can simply select multiple files in
the Explorer and then drag them over to the compose screen. Usually they
become listed in the "Attachment" header section. Once in a while though
(dont ask me when), some of the files become expanded into the body of
the composed message as plain text. This has hapend to me for a few PDF
files recently and destroyed the whole message. When I have the time, I
will try to regenerate this behavior.

Best regards, and thanks again, Alexey,
Stefan