List:       pine-info
Subject:    [Pine-info] server out of service message loop..
From:       Matt Ackeret <mattack () apple ! com>
Date:       2005-07-26 1:29:25

So I got a new screen today.. or at least one I haven't seen in a long
time (I vaguely remember complain..err, mentioning some other error screen
a long time ago)

          * What follows is an advisory message.  After reading it  *
          * simply hit "Return" to continue your Pine session.      *
          * To review this message later, press 'J' from the        *
          * MAIN MENU.                                              *

Alert received while accessing "<censored>":

        your IMAP server appears to be temporarily out of service

So, when I'm at this situation, the only thing I can do is hit return.
But return is going to get me another password prompt.  I was amused to
realize that ^G works at the password prompt (though it proably ticks off
someone who wants to have ^G as the first character of their password).

Anyway, I think 'Q' should work at this stage, since otherwise you're
in a loop of return, password, return, until the server goes back up.