List:       pine-info
Subject:    Re: [Pine-info] how to make that pine does not ask password ?
From:       Eduardo Chappa <chappa () math ! washington ! edu>
Date:       2005-07-08 21:31:44

*** Gilles Missonnier (emissonni@iap.fret) wrote in the pine-info list today:

:) Can someone tell me what to do on a Linux debian machine ?
:) encoding type, passwd file name,...

Gilles,

  Password file support is an option which can be set at compilation time.
You can know if your version of Pine supports password file if you issue
the command

pine -h

look to see if the "-passfile" is listed. If not, it means that it does
not have such support, if it does, then simply using the command

pine -passfile /full/path/to/passfile

will work for you.

If you need to add password file support to your version of Pine simply
add the following line:

#define PASSFILE	"some/path/relative/to/home"

to the file pine.h (e.g. I add it near the PINE_VERSION #define), and
rebuild Pine. That should do it.

--
Eduardo
Patches/Help: http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/