List:       pine-info
Subject:    Re: [Pine-info] Problems filtering mails with MS exchange?
From:       Steve Hubert <hubert () washington ! edu>
Date:       2005-07-07 17:29:34

Debug level 9 ought to show you the actual SEARCH commands done on the
imap server for the filter commands. After running pine search through the
.pine-debug file for

    IMAP DEBUG .*SEARCH

You may also want to look for

    Trying filter "<name of filter>"

to see what the searches are being done for. A recip search is complicated
by the fact that pine prefers Resent-To lines to To lines when searching.
As we've run into trouble with imap servers getting this right we've added
more to the search that we do to try to get it right on all servers. The
current RECIP search should look something like

IMAP DEBUG 10:23:44.897823: 0000000a SEARCH OR (OR (HEADER resent-to searchtext) (TO \
searchtext NOT (OR (HEADER resent-to " ") (HEADER resent-to "")))) (CC searchtext)

That throws off some servers. The To search is also complicated by the
Resent-To stuff. Try testing by having a cc case and change the filter to
check only for cc. If that works, the Resent-To is probably confusing the
server and it is a server bug.

Steve Hubert
Univ. of Washington: Computing and Communications, Seattle