List:       pine-info
Subject:    Re: [Pine-info] simple mapi
From:       m whitney <wsekim () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2005-03-16 2:07:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I also wanted to mention that both the c and vb code worked to the degree of showing \
the filename of a temporary attachment file when connecting to the MAPI for Outlook \
(version 97). And there was no behavior difference relating to use of different email \
servers through PC-Pine's MAPI. ( I tried ArgoSoft POP3/IMAP and I tried my internet \
provider email server.)

Jeff Franklin <jpf@cac.washington.edu> wrote:
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, m whitney wrote:

> This is a low priority request so please don't spend much time on it.
>
> I have a simple mapi program under Visual Basic 6 accessing the pine
> mapi interface.
>
> The email subject lines can be obtained and displayed but not the actual
> message content or attachments.
>
> Are there any recommendations for writing MAPI (extended or simple) to
> retrieve messages and attachments?
>
> I am ultimately trying to be able to retrieve email attachments from a
> command prompt in windows 2000.

MSDN will be your #1 friend for doing this. There are some MAPI sample
programs and a lot of documentation put out by MSDN that might help out, I
just found on msdn.microsoft.com mention of a Visual Studio 6.0 Samples
package that seem to contain the samples. They used to come out
individually. Anyway, those might give you some ideas for your MAPI
client. I used the Simple.Cli for testing against our mapi dll.

Note that PC-Pine's mapi dll only does simple mapi, and only a subset of
that, but what you are trying to do should work.

Jeff

http://mail.yahoo.com

[Attachment #5 (text/html)]

<DIV>I also wanted to mention that both the c and vb code worked to the degree of \
showing the filename of a temporary attachment file when connecting to the MAPI for \
Outlook (version 97).</DIV> <DIV>And there was no behavior difference relating to use \
of different&nbsp;email servers through PC-Pine's MAPI. ( I tried ArgoSoft POP3/IMAP \
and I tried my internet provider email server.)</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR><BR><B><I>Jeff Franklin &lt;jpf@cac.washington.edu&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; \
PADDING-LEFT: 5px">On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, m whitney wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; This is a low \
priority request so please don't spend much time on it.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; I have a \
simple mapi program under Visual Basic 6 accessing the pine <BR>&gt; mapi \
interface.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; The email subject lines can be obtained and displayed but \
not the actual <BR>&gt; message content or attachments.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Are there any \
recommendations for writing MAPI (extended or simple) to <BR>&gt; retrieve messages \
and attachments?<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; I am ultimately trying to be able to retrieve email \
attachments from a <BR>&gt; command prompt in windows 2000.<BR><BR>MSDN will be your \
#1 friend for doing this. There are some MAPI sample <BR>programs and a lot of \
documentation put out by MSDN that might help out, I <BR>just found on \
msdn.microsoft.com mention of a Visual Studio 6.0 Samples <BR>package that seem to \
contain the!  samples.
 They used to come out <BR>individually. Anyway, those might give you some ideas for \
your MAPI <BR>client. I used the Simple.Cli for testing against our mapi \
dll.<BR><BR>Note that PC-Pine's mapi dll only does simple mapi, and only a subset of \
<BR>that, but what you are trying to do should \
You Yahoo!?<br>Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around \