List:       pine-info
Subject:    Re: Select threads with new messages
From:       Matt Ackeret <mattack () apple ! com>
Date:       2004-09-04 1:11:27

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Kenneth Crudup wrote:
>On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Matt Ackeret wrote:
>> I wish I could select entire threads that have new messages in them.
>... then "enter" on a thread you want to read, and go:

I don't use either of the separate-index-screen settings, but I guess that's
a workaround.  I'll try that out.

If select by thread kept threads with new messages always at the bottom, this
would be mostly moot, since threads with new messages would be close by.

I guess this is sort of a suggestion for pine to separate the threading from
the sorting model.. i.e. use threads or don't use threads.. and have sorting
then possibly vary based upon a single message in a thread..  i.e. in my
hypothetical model, sort by date with threading turned on would then have
the entire threads with the most recent messages near the bottom, even if
one of the messages in the thread was 5 years old.  Yes, this could get
in the way.. that's why pine has lots of prefs!

But I'll try the separate thread might work.. though I seem remember
really really disliking this when I first tried it out.