List:       pine-info
Subject:    Re: QP error for no reason?
From:       Eduardo Chappa <chappa () math ! washington ! edu>
Date:       2004-05-17 15:11:45

*** Chris Wilson (foochris@netservers.co.uk.net) wrote in the pine-info...:

:) The attached message cannot be viewed in Pine (version 4.58), which
:) barfs about a QP error. I can't see why it barfs, can anyone tell me?

Pine does not display this messae because there was a URL added to it
which contains a "=" sign which is not followed by a quoted printable
encoding. In the current version of Pine (4.60) this error is ignored in
the sense that the message is displayed anyway, but a warning message is
issued instead.

It is likely that that URL was not added by the sending agent but by a
mailing list manager that did not check the content-type of the message
before adding such advertisement.

Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/