List:       pine-info
Subject:    Re: Pine Setup Question
From:       Nancy McGough <nm-reverse-spam-filter () ii ! deflexion ! com>
Date:       2003-07-15 11:50:34

On 14 Jul 2003 Mark Johanson (markjohanson@ureach.com) wrote:
> Is it possable to setup a local inbox?
> Currently my inbox is my default pop3 account. I would like to keep a
> local copy of the mail rather than having to login into my pop3 to get my
> mail.

Do you want your 'local inbox' to be synchronized with your remote
inbox? If so, Pine doesn't do that but there are tools that you
can use to do that, some of which I list here:

 <http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/pine/#linksSync>

If you want to snarf the remote inbox down to your 'local inbox',
Pine 4.55 and later can do that using the maildrop feature and
the #move namespace. I have some details and links here:

 <http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/pine/pc/#mvMove>

Hope that helps,
Nancy

--
Nancy McGough            <http://www.ii.com>            Infinite Ink
Writing about procmail, imap, pine, spam-deflexion strategies & more