List:       pine-info
Subject:    Re: pine utf-8 summary and patch
From:       Bob Rasmussen <ras () anzio ! com>
Date:       2003-05-28 5:21:07

I have tested Bernhard's updated patch, and can report that it works quite
well. This is a big step forward in internationalizing Pine! Gone are the
garbage characters resulting from character set mismatches. I can display
European diacritics, Chinese spam, and so forth. I was testing with Anzio,
our telnet program, which is UTF-8 compatible.

Regards,
....Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: ras@anzio.com
 company e-mail: rsi@anzio.com
            fax: (US) 503-624-0760
            web: http://www.anzio.com