List:       pine-info
Subject:    Re: PC-Pine options
From:       Nancy McGough <nm-reverse-spam-filter () ii ! deflexion ! com>
Date:       2003-05-18 11:13:14

On 16 May 2003 Bob Holtzman (holtzm@sonic.net) wrote:
> Thanks to you and Eduardo. I've *almost* got it working. The only problem
> remaining is that only some of the messages make it thru the filters.
> After the messages are downloaded (and all modem activity ceases) and
> filtered, a warning shows up that a number of messages remain in INBOX
> which
> would be the ISP's server. If I boot Linux and run fetchmail and then
> mailstat, the number of messages shown equals the sum of PC-Pine's filtered
> messages and the number reported as still in INBOX. At this point I'm
> almost there but need a pointer to explain this situation.

Before we can help you, we need to know how you've set things up.
Eduardo and I suggested a number of things, namely:

* use Pine 4.55's new maildrop and #move features
* use Pine's /pop3 qualifier
* use Pine's filters
* use an external snarf tool such as fetchmail or mailutil
* use a combination of the above

Please let us know how you've set things up and we'll try to
help.

Thanks,
Nancy

--