List:       pine-info
Subject:    Re: #2  [.pinerc ?] rsh-path, rsh-command, rsh-open-time
From:       Arthur Snoke <snoke () vt ! edu>
Date:       2002-03-20 18:42:34

I have a possible solution for viewing html attachments.  Below that I
have a question I would appreciate comments on.

I use pine 4.43 on Solaris, and I can access netscape which is either
already open or not with a simple script.

In my .pinerc I have

url-viewers=/stuff/snoke/pine/stuff/pineURL

and then

vtso{snoke}1181: cat pineURL
#!/bin/sh

url=`echo $1 | sed -e 's/,/%2C/g'`

if [ -n "$DISPLAY" ]; then
   if [ -h $HOME/.netscape/lock ]; then
      /usr/local/bin/netscape -remote "openURL($url)"
   else
      /usr/local/bin/netscape "$url" >/dev/null 2>&1 &
   fi
fi

vtso{snoke}1182:

A question in return:

How can I view messages from hotmail, etc., which come with

What I see on my Terminal screen (Common Desk Top on Solaris) are lines
like

 <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =

and then things like smart quotes or m-dashes come out with the
control-sequence form.