List:       pine-info
Subject:    Re: text/html
From:       "S. Alexander Jacobson" <alex () shop ! com>
Date:       2002-02-13 21:52:58

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Stephen Casner wrote:
> So, I'd say Pine is on solid ground from a standards perspective, but
> the question is whether it would be a good idea or bad idea for Pine
> to pander to morons.

Supporting major/minor content types does
not break legacy compatibility with modern
MIME or with RFC 1049 (which was my point).

But, yes, we are talking about pandering to
morons.

If you don't like this, wait until you find out
what dumb stuff msft has done with uuencoding.
(pine will soon have to disallow begin with B
capitalized!)

-Alex-