List:       pidgin-support
Subject:    Hebrew in Pidgin has Left-to-right Directionality and Left Alignment
From:       Shlomi Fish <shlomif () shlomifish ! org>
Date:       2012-06-27 8:24:31

Hi all,

I'm using Pidgin with an en_GB.UTF-8 locale on Mageia Linux Cauldron or Mageia
Linux 2 (both x86-64) on KDE 4.8.x. Now, when I'm chatting with some people on
Google Chat, XMPP or Facebook Chat (all are XMPP), and in Hebrew, then it seems
that the messages I utter are displayed fine, but the messages other people
utter are displayed with left alignment and with left-to-right directionality.
This is even when the leading character is a Hebrew one.

I want something like that:

http://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D7%A7%D7%95%D7%91%D7%A5:Pidgin_hebrew_support.png

But instead other people messages are aligned to the left and if mixed with
English have RTL directionality.

I tried searching the web for "Pidgin Hebrew" or "Pidgin Bidi", but could not
find anything, and the FAQ contains nothing about "directionality", "bidi" or
"hebrew".

Can anyone shed any light on this topic?

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish