List:       pidgin-support
Subject:    Re: Error message
From:       Ethan Blanton <elb () pidgin ! im>
Date:       2012-05-28 12:38:53

Veronica Bark spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Yes all of us are allowed to use Pidgin so that could not be the issue!

Pidgin is a client, not a protocol.

> No I am not able to access AIM
>
> Yes I am using  Pidgin 2.10.4 (libpurple 2.10.4)
>
> The message received is vbark- disconnected- Error requesting
> https://api.screenname.aol.com/auth/clientLogin: Unable to connect to
> api.screenname.aol.com: SSL Connection Failed

This sounds like a firewall problem.

> I am not sure what OS I am using!?
>
> The connection to internet cannot be the issue as said, several of my
> colleagues are using Pidgin??

They are almost certainly using Pidgin to connect to the Oracle
internal servers, not to AIM.  You need to talk to Oracle IT, and have
them set your Pidgin up for AIM.  We are not going to be able to help
with this.

Ethan