List:       pidgin-support
Subject:    Re: account settings Not Authorised
From:       Ludo Beckers <lazylew () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-05-15 23:07:21

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Yia sas Alex, thanks for the link; it's exactly what I needed :-)
I haven't done the whole customizing bit yet, but am so happy that at least
I got it sorted now so I can use pidgin :-)
Mia xara :-)
Ludo

Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 22:12:06 +0100
> From: Alex Papadopoulos <apapadop11@gmail.com>
> To: support@pidgin.im
> Subject: Re: account settings Not Authorised

> On 11 May 2012 16:22, Ludo Beckers <lazylew@gmail.com> wrote:
> > When I click the Add button I see a list in "Protocol", and I don't know
> > what to choose.
> > I have a gmail address, so guess choosing Google Talk could work.
> > I enter my username; the Domain is already filled in with gmail.com
> > What do I put in "Resource"?
> >
> > The password I presume is the login password for my gmail account.
> > I fill it in and click "remember".
> > Then I see:
> >
> > examplename@gmail.com/ disabled
> > Not Authorised
> >
> > I tried modifying and Re-enable, but am stuck.
>
> See
> https://apapadop.wordpress.com/2012/04/15/stop-google-recording-your-chats/
> for a step-by-step HOWTO setup Google Chat with Pidgin.

[Attachment #5 (text/html)]

Yia sas Alex, thanks for the link; it&#39;s exactly what I needed :-)<br>I \
haven&#39;t done the whole customizing bit yet, but am so happy that at least I got \
class="gmail_quote"><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 \
                .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
Message: 1<br>