List:       pidgin-support
Subject:    Re: New Mail Notification
From:       Etan Reisner <deryni () pidgin ! im>
Date:       2008-03-25 2:32:49

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 02:47:54AM -0700, kwalityprinting@yahoo.com wrote:
> I am running Pidgin 2.4.0 on WinXP.
>
> How do I get a wav file to play when I get a New Mail Notification ?

I believe the only way to do this at the moment is to write a plugin for
it (the plugin necessary would be rather simple). This should become
possible without a plugin when our events and signals are consolidated as
part of the discussed pseudo-guifications merge (which has no current
planned time/date that I'm aware of, nor is anyone specifically working on
it to my knowledge).

    -Etan