List:       pidgin-devel
Subject:    Re: The webkit branch and message style themes
From:       John Bailey <rekkanoryo () rekkanoryo ! org>
Date:       2009-11-15 20:39:38

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Marcus Lundblad wrote:
<snip>
>> I haven't really followed the development in that branch. But consider=
ing
>> the amount of work that may be necessary to get it releasable, perhaps=
 we
>> can target it for 2.7.0?
>>
> I think this will need a major bump, as it will effectively remove API
> (GtkIMHtml)

Marcus is correct--if we replace GtkImHtml we have to bump to 3.0.0--even=
 if we
don't kill the API, we're changing behavior in such a way that it *will* =
break a
number of existing plugins.  I'm not against doing this, but there's a LO=
T of
stuff we really do need to do for 3.0.0, ideally including finishing
gobjectification of libpurple, merging in the keyring stuff, etc.

John