List:       pidgin-devel
Subject:    Re: Summer of Code
From:       "Mark Doliner" <mark () kingant ! net>
Date:       2008-03-25 7:52:35

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 00:43:01 -0400, John Bailey wrote
> I'm certainly not intending to suggest we completely ignore .NET
> simply because of these issues, but MFC does gain us the advantage
> of working on Windows NT 4.0, Windows 98, and Windows ME

I don't think we should worry very much about supporting operating systems
that have been obsolete for over 6 years, and not supported by Microsoft for 2
years.

To put things in perspective a little, OS-X wasn't out yet, the current
version of Red Hat was 7, and version 2.4.0 of the Linux kernel was about to
be released.

-Mark