List:       phpug-ie
Subject:    [Phpug] bug trackers (was kfm)
From:       kae () verens ! com (Kae Verens)
Date:       2006-06-26 9:38:08

Sonic wrote:
> That's pretty darn cool Kae.

thank'ee!

> On a side note, this leads me to a question. I see you're using Mantis
> for your bug tracking. Why did you decide to go for this as opposed to
> others, e.g. Trac which will help manage your whole project as well as
> track bugs? I'd be interested to know what everyone is using (if
> anything) for their Project management/bug tracking solutions and why?

I spent a day or so trying to install Bugzilla, then gave up on that - there
were way too many dependencies.

Mantis was one of the top results when I searched for bug trackers in google,
and it just "clicked" for me.

I'm not usually organised enough to use a bug tracker - I'm one of the
sticky-yellow-paper brigade, but I seem to be adapting to life with trackers
pretty well.

Kae