List:       phpslash
Subject:    Re: [phpslash] vars? | upload the vars-complete.sql
From:       "Dale Emmons" <dale () emmons ! com>
Date:       2000-06-28 16:16:12

Thanks much, that was the problem.

By saying broken, I mean that in 0.5.3-2, the delete function doesn't work
vars page and there's no way to just update the variables...  or am I really
missing something?

-Dale

> Dale:
>
> I was faced with the same situation, but it turned out that I had not
created the tables in vars-complete.sql. Upload them to the mysql database,
and you should be fine. Once you have them, they are pretty
self-explanatory, you
> will understand what they do right away,
>
> Regards,
>
> Jorge M.
>
> PS: Since you are a perl programmer, what is your opinion of slashcode vs.
phpslash...?

> Dale Emmons wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > *newbie alert*
> >
> > I've just successfully installed phpslash for the first time tonight,
and now I'm beginning to customize it. I quickly discovered the broken vars
page, so I've elected to modify those through phpMyAdmin.

> > I am wondering if anyone could provide a list of possible entries for
the vars table, and what they modify? I've looked around a little bit but
haven't found much, and I really don't want to have to look through all the
code.

> > -Dale
> >
> > ps: I'm a perl hacker and I haven't really worked with php before, but
is my opinion (no offense) that the code is a bit messy true or am I just an
inexperienced programmer that hasn't seen enough of other people code
before?