List:       phpslash
Subject:    Re: [PHPSLASH] thoughts and ideas (God help us)
From:       Matt Davis <bigdog () dogpound ! vnet ! net>
Date:       2000-02-21 18:14:32

On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Matt "TrollBoy" Wiseman wrote:

> Jonah
> http://www.horde.org/jonah/
> a new portal/content distribution system.
> MY TAKE: We probably blow them out of the water in the dept. of user
> customization.  But this bad boy is supposed to get RDF/RSS/syndicated
> XML down to an art-form.  One thing we could do is to is offer a more
> advanced content-mining system.  Maybe we could log all of the sites
> that include a compatible xml backdoor in our own xml page that could be
> mined by our user's admin screens so they could see a large variety of
> content without even surfing for it.

Its funny you bring this up.  I help out with IMP (a horde module -
http://www.horde.org/imp), and the creator of Jonah (Chuck Hagenbuch) is
an extremely smart feller.  Chances are he has a LOT invisioned for this.

>From http://www.horde.org/jonah/

"This is just the beginning - Jonah will eventually have a complete
my.netscape style portal frontend, and as many backend content sources as
people are interested in. But I'll need some help for all that to happen,
so... "

We could throw together something php specific, but to use this (i havent
looked at the code) you would have to have horde installed.

> Whups
> http://www.horde.org/whups/about/
> a project management system aimed at combining Bugzilla, a FAQ, and CVSweb.
> MY TAKE: Still in the pre-natal stages, but this MIGHT just be neat.

Right now nearly ALL development right now (within the Horde project) is
on the web-based email portion of it (IMP -
http://www.horde.org/imp).  I would highly suggest joining the horde
project in their efforts if you like/want something like this.

---
Matt Davis - ICQ# 934680
http://dogpound.vnet.net/~bigdog/
NoWonder UNIX Tech - http://www.nowonder.com

If the horse you're drawing looks more like a dog, make it a dog.

-
PHP3 Base Library Mailing List. Send messages to <phpslash@lists.netuse.de>.