List:       phplib-dev
Subject:    Re: [PHPLIB-DEV] ct_split_sql
From:       Massimiliano Masserelli <negro () sgabanaz ! interim ! it>
Date:       1999-11-16 14:26:34

On Tue, Nov 16, 1999 at 03:41:02PM +0200, Teodor Cimpoesu wrote:

 >> I suggest to change the "split_value" from 4k to 2k in ct_split_sql
 >> class, since I noticed this is a "safer" value. YMMV!
 TC> hmm, how did you notice that? curious...

I have a site where serialized data gets fairly huge, and even if no
problems arise during "normal" usage, I got some errors during
"VACUUM ANALYZE" because of tuple crossing page boundaries. Using 2k
seems to lower this probability adding more granularity to db rows.

Bye.
--
     Massimiliano Masserelli       |     URL:    http://www.interim.it/
     Internet Images S.r.l.        |     Tel:    +39-051-3390671