List:       phplib-dev
Subject:    [PHPLIB-DEV] changes to session.inc - coming back
From:       Teodor Cimpoesu <teo () digiro ! net>
Date:       1999-10-27 18:30:48

Well, I did followed Kris' advices and I came up with a better
session serialization than before.

I'm not using anymore any globals and took care or $persistent_slots
Note that I think one who uses persistent slots for a large object
would usually either need whole object persistent or a lots of it's
propreties, so I instead unset the unneeded props, and serialize *that*
object.
 The problem with the unset ones is solved when calling new ObjClass
in Session::thaw() on the next request.
So now, I think this should be backward compatible.
This diff is against the original session.inc from 7.2
http://guest:guest@teo.digiro.net/devel/php/phplib-7/out/session.inc.diff

Also, concerning the compatibility of ct_sql.inc I added a small change
but didn't test it yet. Can somebody using Postgres send me some data
produced by the 1.14 (I think)  version of it, so I can test it?
I would generate it but I'm lazy @ this moment and though it's easier to
ask :>

cheers,

--