List:       phplib
Subject:    Re: [phplib] how to prevent blank variable submission on expired auth
From:       "francis bouchard" <fbouchard () semantix ! com>
Date:       2000-07-31 14:12:00

> I have a form on a page that is protected by auth. If I try to submit the
> form and the auth is expired, I get the loginform.ihtml. If I then login
> again it submits the form with blank variables, which is not desired. Is
> there anyway to cancel the form submission when a user has to re-login, or
> should I just check for the posting of blank variables in my script and
deal
> with it that way?

you can find the following code in new_user.php3. This will redirect the
user to another page if the session has expired. I hope it helps. I do not
use it, but it is in my near plan. If you have trouble with it, keep me
inform so we can help eachother to debug.

francis
// here i include my personal meta-tags; one of those might be useful:
// ?> <META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="<?php print $auth>lifetime*60;?>;
URL=logoff.html">
<?php