List:       phplib
Subject:    Re: [PHPLIB] Please explain the "Poe" classes
From:       Kristian =?iso-8859-1?Q?K=F6hntopp?= <kk () netuse ! de>
Date:       1999-05-25 15:08:44

John Parker wrote:
> When I look at the local.inc file in the
> distribution there are several classes with Poe prefixes
> (Poe_Session, DB_Poe,Poe_User etc.).  Is this meant to be
> just an example word (is there something obvious in German
> that I'm missing?) like foo_Session or DB_foo where foo
> would be replaced with something meaningful to the web
> site/application that I am building?

poe.shonline.de is the machine where PHPLIB was developed. The
files are distributed as examples. So whenever you read "Poe_",
pronounce it "Example_".

> If so, what is the
> database format of DB_poe (or DB_foo or DB_bar, whatever..),
> assuming I need to define this in advance and it is not
> built on the fly?

There is a directory named "stuff/" in the distribution which
contains a bunch of create_database.* scripts. Select the one
that matches your database vendor and create a database of that
format.

Kristian

--
Kristian Köhntopp, NetUSE Kommunikationstechnologie GmbH
Siemenswall, D-24107 Kiel, Germany, +49 431 386 436 00