List:       phpdoc
Subject:    Re: [PHPDOC] giving credit to translators
From:       Stig Bakken <Stig.Bakken () fast ! no>
Date:       2000-02-29 21:55:07

eschmid wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Stig S. Bakken wrote:
>
> > The list of authors in the manual has not been updated in ages, I think
> > it is time to do something about that.
>
> Yes, I don't know if Alexander Aulbach belongs to the authors. He was
> added some time before I was added to the list of authors by Rasmus.

His contribution was posting the outline of the very first version of
the manual, which the whole thing was later based on.  I think we should
keep him there.

> > I suggest that anyone who has made a contribution and want to be
> > credited for it just go ahead and add themselves to the list of
> > authors.  Translations should have additional credits for the
> > translators to that language, those who have written the original work
> > should have credits in all the translations.
>
> Do you mean the credits page for PHP4/Zend or the front page of the
> manual?

I mean the front page of the manual.

> > Since Egon has been doing the work of an editor much more than me for
> > the last year or so, he should definitely be added as an editor.  In
> > addition, the person coordinating a translation should be listed as an
> > editor in the translation.
>
> I will definitely not add me myself as an editor. But if you add me as an
> editor it would be great. Since I'm involved in the coordination of the
> German translation, can you add Armin Steiner as a translator or editor in
> the translation as well. I like to see some examples. German translators
> are listed in phpdoc/de/Translators.

Okay.

> > How does this sound?
>
> Great, and I'm looking forward to get the manual published through
> printing on demand.

Once someone has mercy on the print stylesheet to make it use a little
less space for every page, I'll consider it. :-)

 - Stig