List:       phpdoc
Subject:    RE: [PHP-DOC] Re: [PHP-WEBMASTER] Re: [PHP-DOC] Improving User Notes In The Manual -- First Steps
From:       Thomas Punt <unassailable007 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2012-09-23 15:16:12

> Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 02:32:44 -0400
> From: theanomaly.is@gmail.com
> To: christopher.jones@oracle.com
> CC: phpdoc@lists.php.net; php-webmaster@lists.php.net
> Subject: [PHP-DOC] Re: [PHP-WEBMASTER] Re: [PHP-DOC] Improving User Notes In The \
> Manual -- First Steps
> Sorry, forgot to reply to all...
>

> So far that's two people that have expressed a concern against the
> feature. I seem to be the only one that thinks it's a good idea.
> Everybody else is indifferent or hasn't voiced their opinion on the
> matter. While two against one is large in ratio I believe the sample
> size is incredibly small and thus the possibility of error is likely
> to be high. Clearly, I'm in the minority.
>
> ...>
> I appreciate and welcome all constructive criticism and I'll take this
> as a learning experience :)

I personally think we should have both the flagging system and the up/down voting of \
comments. One main reason I can think of that would make the flagging system more \
successful in picking up on "bad" notes is that it's a specific feature that will \
only be used for singling out comments that should not be there. Whereas with the \
down voting system of a comment, users may misuse or abuse this if they're wanting to \
get their own note above the other notes. This would make it rather ambiguous as to \
what notes are actually considered "bad" and need to be moderated. That's my two \
                cents at least. Thanks,
--Thomas