List:       phpdoc
Subject:    Re: [PHP-DOC] Errors on the list of inactive languages
From:       Philip Olson <philip () roshambo ! org>
Date:       2011-03-31 14:30:24

On Mar 29, 2011, at 11:56 PM, Alexey Shein wrote:

> 2011/3/30 Nikola Smolenski <smolensk@eunet.rs>:
> > I have noticed several errors on the list of inactive languages (
> > http://docs.php.net/manual/help-translate.php ) (that could really be renamed
> > to the list of languages in progress ;) ).
> >
> > When you attempt to view a manual in some of the languages, for example by
> > going to http://docs.php.net/manual/rs , it will redirect you to a malformed
> > URL http://docs.php.net/manual/en/rs which is a 404 page. The languages with
> > this problem include Chinese (Hong Kong Cantonese), Chinese (Traditional),
> > Catalan, Czech, Finnish, Lithuanian, Portuguese, Serbian and Slovenian.
> >
> > Other manuals have their links mixed up. Dutch and Norwegian manuals are in
> > fact in Japanese, Greek is in fact in German, Hebrew and Italian are in fact
> > in Persian, while Slovak and Swedish are in fact in Turkish.
> >

> I maintain Russian translation and it seems to be ok (although still
> inactive). Possibly those translations have broken builds.

There was a build bug awhile back that mixed up languages. IIRC that bug was solved \
but perhaps not. However, the languages in question last built on December 22, 2010, \
so maybe it's a matter of getting them to build/validate once again.

The help-translate.php hack is buggy and could use some love. It was designed \
assuming that every language has at least one successful build... which is a poor \
assumption although once upon they did before the hard drive was replaced.  I'll add \
it to my TODO.

Regards,
Philip