List:       phpdoc
Subject:    Re: [PHP-DOC] Official movement to clean old PHP versions from the documentation
From:       Adam Harvey <aharvey () php ! net>
Date:       2011-01-28 0:58:21

On 28 January 2011 10:53, Daniel Convissor
<danielc@analysisandsolutions.com> wrote:
> A quick reminder that one thing that seemed to be agreed upon during the
> last discussion is that mentions of older versions in the text (like
> "available since") should be moved to the change log on the given page.

I think that's a good general rule, but I think we need to be flexible
in cases where functions have undergone major changes (especially
security impacting ones): something like crypt(), for example, has
undergone so many changes in 5.3.0 and 5.3.2 that it would actually be
unfair on the users not to leave the note in the synopsis about the
availability of hash functions.

Adam