List:       phpdoc
Subject:    Re: [PHP-DOC] Documentation
From:       "Hannes Magnusson" <hannes.magnusson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-11-26 18:12:38

Please don't top-post :)

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 19:02, John Le Drew <jp@antz29.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I think that each class/interface needs to have an 'Overview' section
> to give a high level view of it's purpose, some use cases, and a
> simple example. This could be the same example that is on the examples
> page for the class/interface. This should list each method with a link
> the the methods page, each method should also have a simple usage
> example.

I think it would make the "frontpage" look huuuge and hard to find the
content you are looking for.

A quick introduction however should be on the class reference pages.
More "in depth usage guide" should go into its own example chapter.

The "overview", inheritance tree and method listing is already on the
class reference pages (see
http://no.php.net/manual/en/class.spldoublylinkedlist.php and
http://no.php.net/manual/en/class.recursivecachingiterator.php for
instance).

The current PhD release does not link the implemented interfaces (like
it does with inherited classes) but that feature is already in CVS and
will be part of the next release (see
http://docs.php.net/manual/en/class.recursivecachingiterator.php).
Undocumented classes/interfaces however are obviously not linked as
there is no docs for them :)

-Hannes